- With the option Lock students into the browser until exam is completed set to on or off.
- Students who forcefully stop LockDown Browser or disconnect their internet will also be recorded in Early Exits. Note that these could also be actual issues outside the student's control.
- With the option Lock students into the browser until exam is completed set to off.
- Students are able to exit the browser if their internet connection fails or if there is an emergency. They will be warned twice before being prompted to submit a required reason for closing the browser early.
Once they've exited, students can still return to their attempt, but the reason exited will be recorded. Each early exit by students will create a new item in the Early Exit table (shown below).
View Early Exits
From the course page, use the following steps to enable LockDown Browser for assignment(s).
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the page. A dropdown menu will appear (See image below).
- Select Configure Respondus LockDown Browser to open a list of the assignments.
- You will be taken to the About LockDown Browser page, if applicable. Click Continue to LockDown Browser to go to the assignment settings.
- By clicking the icon, a dropdown list will appear. Select Review Early Exits.
This option will be greyed out if there are no early exits.
You will be provided with a table of all the early exits for students. See image below for an example.