For consistency and to make things easier on you, we highly recommend using the preset assignment templates, or creating Custom Templates in lieu of Customized Settings.
If using customized settings, or creating your own template, you have control over the type of feedback students receive and when. These settings are found on the Review Options tab of the Settings screen when creating your assignment. Each column refers to a different point in time and the items selected will be available to the student.
Review OptionsFirst, the column headers:
- "During" refers to when students are working on the assignment .
- "Immediately" refers to the review immediately upon submission until the student leaves the page.
- "Later" refers to after the immediate period but before the due date/time.
- "After" refers to after the due date/time
- This is the actual assignment; students can see the questions.
- The Attempt must be checked for the student to do the work (During) or to allow for review (Immediately, Later, After)
- Provides right/wrong indicators in the form of green checks and red X's for every response field.
- Shows students where they went right or wrong.
- If utilizing the Check feature and Whether Correct is selected, students will see check's and X's when clicking Check.
Marks (may say Points)
- Provides a grade for the question and/or the assignment
- If utilizing the Check feature and Marks is selected, students will see their grade (in points) earned on the question.
- If selected in the Immediately, Later, or After columns, students will see points earned per question as well as their overall grade in points and percentage.
- Provides written feedback, per question (when available); may be different depending on the answer given.
- This is where most detailed feedback is contained.
- Available for most all Static versions; not yet available for most algorithmic versions (We're working on it!)
- Students can access the Right Answer for each response field when selected.
- Hover over the Check, X, or response field to reveal the correct answer.
- Currently does not contain any content.