There are many different ways to add an existing LTI link to your course. This tutorial gives two common methods: Adding a link within a content module, and adding it as a Quicklink (located in the WYSIWYG editor).
Option 1: Adding a link within a content module
- In your course content area, create a new module or go into an existing module where you wish to add an LTI link. Then click on "Add Existing Activities" and select "External Learning Tools" from the menu.
- A list of available External Learning Tool links will appear. Select the item you wish to add to the module from the list.
- The selected link will then be added to the module outline.
- The content will then display on the course page when students click on the link.
Option 2: Adding an LTI link as a Quicklink
- In any html editor screen (this example case is a description), click on the quick link button (the chain link icon).
- From the list of link types, select "External Learning Tools."
- Select the item that you want to add from the list of available External Learning Tool links.
- Click the Update button
- The selected link will be added to the content area.
Associate with a Grade book Column
- To set up a grade book column for a test or quiz, first find the item in your course content and click on it to view.
- Scroll and locate "Assessment" under the "Activity Details" header. Click on "Add a grade item."
- Click the + button to create a new Grade Item.